Offering Complete Dental Examinations for the Whole Family in Northwest Las Vegas, Nevada
One of the most common reasons for a dentist appointment to be made is to have a complete dental exam. In our office, you can expect to be seen by a qualified and highly trained dental hygienist who will walk you through the steps of an oral examination, and oversee the dental x-rays you might need as part of that examination.
It’s important to Trobough Dental that you are well informed about the processes and procedures we use in our Las Vegas dental office. We know that a well-informed patient is a comfortable patient, and a patient that can make better decisions about their oral health.
What’s Included in a Dental Examination?
At Trobough Dental, a typical dental examination will begin with registering for your appointment and updating any contact information we have on file for you. When you are escorted into one of our examination rooms, the exam will consist of the following steps:
- A complete evaluation of your overall health and a discussion of any issues you have had since your last visit; if this is your first visit to Trobough Dental, a complete dental history will be taken for our records.
- We will evaluate your risk of tooth decay, as well as any issues that may be present related to gum disease or root infections.
- X-rays will also be taken during this time to determine the presence of decay that is not visible to the naked eye during the examination. As well, x-rays can indicate the presence of infection below the gumline.
- We will determine the need for any tooth restoration procedures that might be required, and discuss replacement options with you if necessary.
- We will examine your bite and jaw for any alignment problems and make recommendations for improvement or prevention based on the information we gather during the examination.
- We will clean your teeth thoroughly, and remove any stains or deposits that might be present on your teeth.
- Thorough periodontal evaluation to determine the proper cleaning regiment.
- We will demonstrate how to properly clean your teeth or dentures at home, and provide you with educational information on keeping your teeth healthy.
- Depending on your examination and cleaning, you might be offered fluoride treatment at this time as well.
Digital X-rays (very low radiation)
Digital X-rays are taken at almost every dental visit, especially during a dental examination. If you are new to our dental practice, we will likely take a series of x-rays to get a base set of pictures related to your oral health. X-rays are also taken during appointments if patients complain of tooth pain or issues with their oral health, overall. X-rays allow dentists to see below the gumline to determine the presence of infection or other issues that might be going on below the surface.
There are several types of x-rays that are used in our Las Vegas dental office. These include:
- Bitewing X-rays which allow our team to see the crowns of the upper and lower teeth.
- Periapical X-rays which allow the dentist to see the entire tooth and the surrounding bone.
- Occlusal X-rays which allow the dentist to see the way the teeth fit together when the jaw is closed.
- Panoramic X-rays give the dentist a view of the entire mouth.
Cone Beam Computerized Tomography
This is an innovative type of X-ray that provides a 3-D view of your mouth and head, so that the dentist can see a full picture of your entire mouth, including the teeth, roots, gums, jaw, and surrounding features. Trobough Dental is pleased to be able to have a CBCT machine in our Las Vegas office to assist with the diagnosis and treatment of our patient’s dental concerns.
Handheld Digital Radiography Guns
Trobough Dental is pleased to provide x-rays to our patients using handheld x-ray devices that make it easier and faster to get direct images of patient’s teeth and gums. Using handheld x-ray machines, we can make patients more comfortable. What’s more, traditional x-rays can increase the amount of radiation.
Contact Dr. Trobough Today
When you are ready to book an appointment with Dr. Trobough, we would love to hear from you. Call or click to make an appointment today.