8440 W. Lake Mead Blvd., Suite 207
Las Vegas, Nevada 89128
(building entrance is located on Harbor Island Drive)
How to Brush Your Child’s Teeth: Step-By-Step Instructions | Dentist Summerlin Las Vegas
How to Brush Your Child’s Teeth: Step-By-Step Instructions
Be very gentle… Many adults think their teeth aren’t clean without a firm, strong brush. Actually, that’s a misconception! Gentle is better for teeth of all ages. You’ll still get your kids’ teeth clean if you’re very gentle, and you won’t risk creating tiny abrasions on teeth that can be home to acid-causing bacteria that may lead to cavities. Plus, they’ll let you brush for longer!
6 Steps To Better Brushing!
1. Use no more than a pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste.
2. Hold the handle between the thumb and pointer finger to ensure a light grip.
3. Use a wiggle motion, not back and forth.
4. Think tiny circles, or little wiggles that mimic what an electric toothbrush would do (not back and forth).
5. Aim for the gums at a 45-degree angle down from and up into the gums.
6. Be sure to brush all surfaces of the tooth.
Start these good habits at an early age to promote a lifetime of healthy teeth!
Visit our summerlin Las Vegas dental office
Dentist Summerlin and Northwest Las Vegas, NV